Sep 13, 2007

"The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world."


I 'm sitting here, minding my own business ( i.e. ignoring my house and reading about fabulous womens lives via blog) when out of nowhere I hear--- RIP..RIIIIIIP, RIIIIIIIIIIP, " mommy, I'm naked!"


Turning around I find Little Girl, suprisingly, exactly as she had claimed, dancing around and singing. The song of choice? "Im naked, Im naked!" by none other than, herself. ( which is so stinkin cute if you hear it! I laugh so hard every time she breaks it out!)


Little Girl has ripped off her diaper ( not a common occurance, thus the suprised look on my face) and thrown it on the floor! I stand up to retrieve said diaper and before I take two steps she blurts out, " GO PEE ON THE POTTY MOMMY!"


What? Did you just say that? Are you actually going of your own free will and choice ? I double check, just to make sure my hearing is still intact, " You want to go potty on the toilet?" I hold my breath..... " yeah!" she states and runs straight for the bathroom.


Oh glorious, wonderous day! The best of days....at least, the best of moments. Growing up too fast is my Little Girl. Days ago, Im sure it was, she was placed in my arms, tiny, helpless and quiet. (other than the occassional scream for food and a clean bum!)


And now, oh how times have changed! Loud and precocious, opinionated, strong willed, and still screaming! ;-) Counter balanced with smarts ( to much for her own good I''m afraid) cuddles, a compationate nature and an immense love for her mommy( ok, and her daddy), she makes up one great kid. Not always perfect, but always mine.


I LOVE these days of Mommyhood!


"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."-- Agatha Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, leave a comment!