Jun 28, 2007

Swimming and sadness

Well, I thought this summer would be a perfect one for The Boy to start swimming lessons. We have a membership to the YMCA here in Caldwell, but their lessons are 25 bucks for like two weeks two or three times a week. I thought that was a little expensive, so I have been asking around. I found out that the Caldwell comunity pool gives lessons for 15 dollars for two weeks and its every day! So we were all over that! I thought I would be good and get to the rec center the day the sign ups started. The office opened at 9:00 am and we got there at 9:02. You think that would have been perfect timing right? Wrong. When we got there, there wass already a huge line wrapped around the building. I thought, "this couldn't possibly be the line for swimming lessons." It was. I waited in line for two and a half hours! ( with The Boy and Little Girl in tow) I thought for sure there wouldn't be any spots left for us, but sure enough, he was the first one to sign up in the time slot we wanted. I couldn't belive it! There was only one girl working so thats why it took so long! Man! And to top it all off, I had woken The Boy up early so we could get there on time and told him I would feed him breakfast when we got back. I thought it would be really quick. So he was starving by the time we got done ( 11:30) and we walked across the road to free lunch at the park. I felt really bad! But we got in and The Boy is really excited to start going!

On a different note. Nathan's Grand father passed away this tuesday. He and his wife are from Rupert Idaho, which is about two hours away from here. He had been taking some blood thinners and a rare side effect occured and causeed him to start bleeding in the brain. The hospital in Rupert didn't have the ability to perform the surgery he needed so they life flighted him to Boise. However, they did not get here fast enough and he passed away. Its been a pretty hard week. He had such a strong heart and body, he probably would have lived for another ten years, if not for these drugs he had been taking. Thats what makes it so hard. Anyway, we are headed down for the funeral this week, He was an amazing man. He is who we named The Boy after. Its too hard to even write about him!!  Death is always a sad time, but also a happy one, which is weird, but we know he is a far better place and look forward to seeing him again.

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog and knew that I needed to comment on it!! First off, Livi had swim lessons the past 2 weeks and loved them..so sorry you waited in line for that long!!
    Also, Luke's grandmother passed away in January because of the drugs she was taking. Apparantly her dr. put her on 2 different medications that when mixed led to her bleeding internally...she would've lived at least 10 more years too...interesting that the same thing happened here...I wish dr's would be more perceptive. When the E.R. Dr. found out, he was SO upset that he was willing to help sue the dr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sweatheart,
    I am sorry to hear about Nates Grandfather. I know Nate loved him very much ( and you). Is this Terry's Father? This is a hard blow to her I am sure. Please send my regards, I will from here.

    Just got back from Brittaney's tonight, so I just read your blog. Please tell Seth I am so proud of him . I am excited for him, and just know he will do well at swimming lessons. He will be so cute!

    I love you all!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, leave a comment!