Sep 29, 2011

moving on

Back in December of 2010, we found out that The Man was accepted into our top choice dental school in Arizona. We were so excited! 
The following months felt like they were dragging on, leaving us in a sort of limbo state...ready to start our new chapter, but having to wait for what felt like forever.

Looking back on it now, I think I mentally and emotionally checked out of my life in the tiny town we were living in. 
I pulled away from friends, stopped hanging out.
I kept to myself and stayed close to home.
Im sure people wondered where I had gone.

Maybe I felt like that part of our lives was ending, and it was easier to to get it over with slowly as opposed to one big tearful goodbye. 
It could also be that we found out we were pregnant with our fourth baby and I just didn't feel like doing much of anything. 
It was probably a mixture of both. 

I regret not spending more time with the good friends I had made in the 3 yeas we were there. I think they deserved more than I gave them at the end and it was unfair. I hope they know how much I love them.

In June of 2011 we packed up our little apartment, sold pretty much everything we owned and moved to our hometown to live with The Man's parents for the summer.
 I thought I would be sad when we finally left that tiny town, but as we were driving out all I felt was excitement. 
We were finally on our way! 
All the hard work over the last few years was actually starting to pay off and the plans we laid out so long ago were taking their next step.
 I was ecstatic.

The summer felt like it flew by so fast. We had visits from cousins, we played outside, went camping (once in the back yard..it was a really cold summer!) and just enjoyed the last time we would be able to visit home for a long time. 

The Man found a job, so we didn't see him much. I think it was good preparation for the life we were about to start in dental school. 
I stressed about finding a place to live and a good school for the kids. The boy would be starting second grade and Little Girl would be starting kindergarten! 
It was hard to find a good house, in a decent neighborhood for a relatively cheap price in the city we wanted to live in. 
It was especially hard when the only place we could really look was on the computer. Living 24 hours away from where we were going to live made it hard to visit and check things out!

There was a short time where I was so upset because I felt like we were just going to have to move all of our stuff down and be homeless! 

Of course, Heavenly Father always has a plan and I felt his hand in a lot of things that happened to us this summer. Just as I was beginning to truly despair, a perfect sweet little house popped up that was RIGHT in the PERFECT spot. It had the right amount of bedrooms, was in a could-e-sac and only two blocks away from the school. Not to mention just a few houses away from our good friends who were living there as well, and it was the cheapest one we had seen.
It was a miracle!

After that, I knew we would be taken care of and we just bided our time until we moved. 
The end of July brought us here to Arizona and to the town we now reside in and the end of August marked the beginning of a four year journey through dental school for The Man and our family.

I am so excited to be here and feel so blessed that we have been given this opportunity. A lot of stuff happened between now and the beginning of this year that I don't want to stick in this post to make it super long, so I will add those in as time goes by.

For now, I am going to move on from this point and try to keep up with everything that is happening. Life here is definitely different from Idaho and Im excited to start writing about it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, leave a comment!