Dec 29, 2006

Christmas Suprises

well, since I have spent the last nine posts rambling about nothing (ok, so I freaked out about my video...) I decided I should now talk about my family...since thats what I started this whole thing for anyway!!

So this year for Christmas The Man and I decided that we would just get stocking stuffers for each other and no gifts, since our house was our gift. I spent forever trying to get little things that he might like, books (which I ordered online and didn't get here until..yesterday!!) some hunting things..socks of course, a Jeff Foxyworthy video about hunting, and my most precious video I made him and stuck onto a cd. I thought I was doing pretty good, since we didn't have much money and really..what can you get thats cool that fits in a stocking? Not much. I probably took the whole month of December trying to figure out what to get him. And when Christmas day came he actually seemed to like most of it..which is a big deal. If any of you know my husband..hes a little picky about things..to say the least!! So, when the time came for me to look in my stocking..I found one pair of socks and the movie While You Were Sleeping (which I love by the way!) but I thought to myself.."thats it?"(terrible huh?!!) I knew he hadn't gone shopping for me until the night before Christmas eve and I was a little bit dissapointed..which I really shouldn't have been since I was sitting on the floor of a beautiful new house..but still...

So then there was this really big present that I thought I had wrapped that was for The Man's parents (who spent Christmas with us) from one of their daughters and I kept trying to get The Man's Sister to give it to them but he wouldn't let her!! I was getting a little upset because I swore it was theirs!! Turns out..It wasn't. It was a present for me from him. It was the coveted scanner that I had been wanting forever!!! I couldn't believe it! And do you think I felt bad for being dissapointed earlier? And do you think I felt like I didn't do enough for him? You bet! He always does this!! We talk about not doing something, and then he goes and does it anyway!! So here are the cute pictures of the kids that I have that I couldn't send anyone..because I didn't have a scanner to scan them in and email them!! I love that boy..he always goes above and beyond for his wifey-poo!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Reed and I got each other a component for our media PC so we didn't do gifts but I got him a movie and chocolate just for fun. Then he writes this amazing letter for me that is really the best letter I've ever gotten in my life, the best present too. Anyway, husbands blow us away sometimes...its crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you need new sheets eh? It is totally worth saving for. Linens N Things has a brand of 400 count sheets in white for $39 and if you use a 20% off then they are only $32. Which is the same price as the single sheets at wal-mart. I actually love going to bed because they are soft and warm without being jersey or flannel....save for them girl, you won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, leave a comment!