Feb 1, 2008

“Poetry is thoughts that breathe, and words that burn.” Thomas Gray

Every now and then I get a little inspiration for a poem. I used to write poetry all the time in highschool. I even took a bunch of classes. I loved it. I guess life has just gotten in the way recently and I haven't gotten around to writting anything since..well...I got married. I suppose my muse didn't like the idea of matrimony and she hit the road! It could also be that taking care of a husband and two kids doesn't leave much personal alone time. I can't really write when its noisy and there are demands for my attention every two seconds!

But yesterday I found myself with a quiet moment. (this is going to sound really gross) I was in the bathroom, sitting there and the first couple of lines just came to me. =-) The Boy was at preschool and little girl was sleeping. It was nice to just let it all out. Im not sure how The Man will feel about it, if he ever reads it. =-) I hope he would understand that its just a way of release and really its a compliment to him! (I love you!)

So hopefully you will be seeing a little more of what I love to do. When I revamped my blog I wanted to have poetry and quotes be a big part of the things I wrote. Lets hope I can get back to that place I had originally thought of.


Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it is not the expression of personality but an escape from personality. But, of course, only those who have personality and emotion know what it means to want to escape from these
Emily Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, leave a comment!