Jan 21, 2009

Idle hands are the Devil!

Lately I have been thinking that I really needed to do more activities with the kids. I keep telling The Man about how crazy they are and that they are constantly in trouble all day. Sheesh, I just can't take it!!!

The more I thought about it though, the more I realized it was because they were BORED OUT OF THEIR MINDS!!! Who could blame them for being so unruly when they had nothing to occupy their time with? I know that it is my job to fill their days and minds with constructive worthwhile activities to make sure they are learning and growing and to keep them from being Idle. I think it will also in turn keep me from being idle. (stupid internet with all your wonderful sites to see!) I would hate for my hands to become the devils playthings, or play ground..or however that saying goes.

As I was thinking of what the heck I could do, I remembered my friends blog ( Hi Clarissa!) and the place she goes for cute, fun and worthwhile activities for her kids. Its called chasing cheerios. All the activities and ideas are Montessori based and are so much fun!

 So today we are going out to get the supplies to play this game

I can't wait to let the kids paint the dowels and put it all together. Plus how cool is it to have your own homemade games to play together as a family? 

So go, now and check it out. Perhaps it will inspire you to spend more time with your kids and maybe we will realize that they really aren't so bad, when their minds are occupied! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Have fun making your game. I find myself thinking the same thing from time to time.... why are they acting this way? .... oh, maybe it's because I'm not giving them the attention they need. I am thankful for the great ideas out there from other mommy bloggers, I just have to DO them too :) Good luck w/ your projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, thanks for the link! I have everything but the ring and block. Now to find some ideas to keep the from going crazy in the car!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, leave a comment!