Jan 8, 2010

Finally a quiet moment....

The holidays this year were CRAZY! Our break actually started out a whole week earlier than we planned due to the passing of The Man's Grandmother. It wasn't a complete shock, as she was very ill, but still it was sad. They postponed the funeral a few days for us, since it was finals week the day she actually died and we left on a tuesday to drive down to Utah. To get to Utah from where we are takes about 12 hours....on a good day... and I HATE being in the car for that long! (not to mention baby girls affinity for screaming the second she gets into her carseat!) so the Man arranged for us to drive halfway and stay at a hotel in Boise to break up the trip. I am so bummed that I didn't take ANY pictures! I had the camera..it just never found its way out of the bag. My life gets too busy! I really need to be better at taking pics.


Anyway, the hotel was GORGEOUS! We had a suite with two queen beds and a master bedroom with a king sized bed and extra bathroom. I felt like I was a celebrity and I wanted to stay forever! The kids and we got to swim in the pool and relax in the hot tub. It was wonderful! 


Here is a picture off of the Oxford Suites Website:






Beautiful! If you are standing right where this picture was taken and were to turn left, that is where the door to the second bedroom was! So nice....


It was pretty nice weather in Utah and we managed to have some fun while we stayed with his sister in her HUGE house in Alpine. We took some family pictures as well, but they are on the other computer so I will post those as soon as I can try to clean them up. 


We drove straight home on the way back and it wasn't too bad. We borrowed a few baby songs DVD's from one of my friends for baby girl to watch and she LOVED them! She and the other kids even have some parts memorized now, as we have watched them so. many. times. :) 


Spending Christmas in CoeurDalene was awesome. My sister and her family were up as well and our whole family was together, minus my one sis on her mission. I didn't get any pics from the whole trip! Ugh, why why why...! But, it was fun to just hang out and not stress about anything. 


By the time we came home on Tuesday we were bushed and ready to back in our own beds and regular routine. 


Hopefully now that everything has died down I will be able to get back to blogging regularly, but school starts in about a week for me and The Man, so I can't make any promises!


Since I was a bum about pics, here are a few I took of my christmas decorations to mess around with my camera and see what it could do. A Late Merry Christmas and happy new year to all of you! :)

Oh, Hello Ashleigh!

 Way up in the sky little lamb..

Babies first Christmas




 Old ST. Nick














3 comments:

  1. LOVE the picture of the ornament! Soooo artistic of you :) Also, where did you get that ornament from 1983? Did mom give you that? If so, I want some ornaments from her for me! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and you forgot to mention how we all got sick staying in the same house so close together. We are a family who loves to share... our illnesses! That was HORRIBLE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT was fun to see you guys. We didn't take nearly enough pictures ourselves. Sorry that everyone was sick! What a bad year for sicknesses!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, leave a comment!