Oct 21, 2010

Boy-"friend"

For some reason The Boy has been a part of some hilarious moments recently and sometimes I feel like I write a lot about my crazy girls and my cute, quiet little man gets a little left out. So today is another post featuring him.

On Monday he came home from school and said he had a secret to tell me. I was intrigued and asked him to tell me what it was. So he came up and whispered in my ear, "Athena has a boyfriend!" ( Athena is a girl in his class, whom I hear, loves to chase him around the playground everyday...)

"Oh really?" I asked, "who is it?"

"Its ME!" He said with a HUGE grin.

"What!?" I gave him an incredulous look, tried not to freak out at the thought and asked him very slowly, " and what does being Athena's boyfriend mean?" I secretly hoped he would say something like, "I have no idea what that word means mom and frankly I really don't care. Plus girls have cooties and I'm not even going to think about them until I'm 50 and an astronaut."

Instead, he replied, " It means she LOVES me!" followed by yet another HUGE grin.

Ugh. ew. ick. help. ahhhhhh. crap. How old are you again?

So, we had a little chat about how 7 years old is too young for boyfriends and girlfriends and how I thought it would be best if they were "just friends, ok?"

"ok, mom"





Im soooooooo not ready for this.

1 comment:

  1. What?!? No way! He shouldn't even know the difference between girls and boys yet! :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, leave a comment!