Oct 15, 2007

Flash back poetry session

Back when I was young...er I liked to write poetry. I took classes in school and it was a stress reliever and escape form my normal world.

I came across an old notebook the other day and thought it would be cool to share some of the stuff I wrote with you!

This one I wrote when I had already graduated. There was a boy ( of course!) who I was dating and we hadn't been together very long, but I decided he wasn't for me and I broke it off. ( I had very large commitment issues!!) During the phone conversation he told me that he had loved me and I was breaking his heart. Well, needless to say I felt pretty bad....so this is what came of that:

I don't know what to say
When you talk to me the way you do
Those words you choose so carefully
Touch me in a way I'm not used to
It feels funny, in my chest
To hear you say I'm beautiful
Almost like I don't quite believe you
I don't really
Is that another language?
Love I think, I don't understand it

I don't know what to do
When you look at me the way you do
Those eyes are so sincere
They move me in a way no ones ever used to
I'm confused in my mind
When you imply that I'm the one
As if you could truly know that
No one does really
Is that another language?
Love I think, I don't understand it.

I don't know who I am
When you touch me the way you do
Those fingers gently caressing
Change me in a way I never expected to
It scares me in my heart
To feel myself falling so far
Almost as if I could never find me again
I can't really
Is that another language?
Love I think, I want to understand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, leave a comment!