Nov 6, 2007

Dear Internet

I've been trying to find the right way of telling you this for a while now. I'm not sure the best way to put it, so I will just come right out and say it.

I'm pregnant.

Yes, I know I'm crazy. Yes, I do already have two kids and they do take up all of my time and money and sanity. No, I don't think I was on something when I made the decision to have another baby. It wasn't even my decision alone you know! And technically, if you really think about it, Its The Man's fault. He did it to me.

Now of course I have thought this through and weighed it from every side. The pros, the cons, the long nights, the exciting moments. These last couple of months of trying have been a jumble of mixed emotions, but underneath it all was a current of excitement and joy. We want to have another baby.

You believe me right? This is a happy thing. I can just overlook the thirty or more pounds I'm bound to gain. I will ignore the magically appearing stretch lines that decorate my body like strange tattoos. What is that people say about those? They are war wounds, battle scars, decorations of honor. That's right. And the nausea? Well, that part's bad, its hard to not think about it when you're on the verge of puking 24/7. But I will be fine, it will all be fine.

Really though, I am looking forward to being pregnant. I love it. And then comes the baby. Those tiny hands and feet. The sweet smell of baby lotion and spit up. Toothless grins and first tiny laughs. And the heartache you feel when you realize your baby isn't such a baby anymore. Its hard to experience so many highs and lows in such a compacted amount of time. You almost think your heart can't take it! But this is what it was made for.

So there you have it. I have finally told you. Im having a baby. I will have three kids. I will not go insane. I am so happy. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. THE CATS OUTTA THE BAG!! Yay, now I can talk freely...so, how are you doing? BTW, you post brought up sooo many different feelings and I want to thank you for reminding me what it means to be a mother!! I was close to tears..you are a great writer! KEEP IT UP!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, leave a comment!